Friday, December 30, 2005

Understanding Team Culture for Effective Virtual Teams

While the amount of ads on this blog almost made me choke, I enjoyed reading Effective Team Collaboration Roadmap: The Bioteaming Manifesto (Technology), which addresses quite well, I thought, the ongoing challenge that I face: explaining how to address the organizational culture issues that can have a negative impact on successfully implementing technology.


In this piece, the writers strongly recommend starting with what is known about teams and teamwork (regardless of the technology) and being sure to acknowledge and address these things as you build, support and sustain a virtual team.


I'd like to see more of this kind of analysis about technology adoption inside of organizations. Great work!



No comments: